The Hicking Building was originally built in 1873 and served as a factory in a larger complex of lace warehouses. The building was redeveloped in 2005 into four sizable blocks of apartments and is popular among local professionals due to its superb location, close to the city centre and Nottingham’s train station.
Passive fire stopping works commenced in 2020 in the communal areas of the building. Our expert operatives used various passive fire stopping procedures to fire protect in the communal riser cupboards and above ceiling boards in the corridors.
Any foam that had been previously used was removed and new fireline plasterboard was installed, jointing this to the existing plasterboard and using intumescent sealant to seal the fireline plasterboard in place. Furthermore, where needed, fire pillows were installed, and fire collars were used around pipework running though the building.